We are proud to be an Eden Alternative registered community. The Eden Alternative philosophy asserts that no matter how old we are or what challenges we live with, life is about continuing to grow. Building on this new paradigm, we affirm that care is not a one-way street, but rather a collaborative partnership. All caregivers and care receivers are described as “care partners,” each an active participant in the balance of giving and receiving.
Sunset Communities solidified our commitment to person-centered care and services by certifying both Sunset House and Sunset Village as Eden Alternative Communities. We have dozens of Eden Certified Associates on staff, as well as two Eden Educators, to ensure that our residents remain at the center of daily life.
In keeping with the Eden Alternative, each resident of Sunset Communities has the right to expect:
- The opportunity to exercise self-determination
- The highest quality care and services to meet his or her emotional, physical, social, and spiritual needs
- Respect for his or her personal dignity and privacy
- A safe and clean environment
- A spirit of understanding, warmth, and affection
- A variety of opportunities designed to inspire a positive attitude toward daily living, including a renewal of former interests and the discovery of new ones
- Recognition of the contribution he or she can continue to make to the community, and encouragement to participate in outside activities
- Financial assistance, within the limits of the organization’s capability, if his or her funds become exhausted
- Encouragement to participate fully in the life of Sunset Communities
To learn more about the Eden Alternative, we invite you to visit their website.
Enriching Individual Life Journeys.