Residents’ Assistance Fund
Sunset makes a clear promise to each and every resident to provide financial support in three distinct ways. First, we will never ask anyone to leave their home with us, or do without care or services, because they have legitimately exhausted their funds. Second, to the extent that our funding allows, Sunset invites into our homes older adults who are without money, who are living in unsafe or unhealthy conditions, and who lack family to help them. Third, the Residents’ Assistance Fund pays for personal items that any resident cannot otherwise afford, and that are necessary for their overall well-being.
There are often items, big and small, that our locations could use to enhance our residents’ day-to-day lives. Each home has its own list, and the lists are updated often.
- Glass/ceramic kiln
- iPods/iTunes gift cards for music therapy programs
- Fleece fabric and fabric scissors to make blankets
- Small (but not personal-size) CD players
- Supplies to build outdoor raised garden beds
- Digital Camera
- Fabric and ribbon for quilt projects
- DVDs: Comedies, Musicals, and Classics
- Reed Diffuser for aromatherapy
- Craft supplies—scissors, cardstock paper, scrapbook paper, scrapbooks, disposable cameras
- Fleece fabric to make blankets
- Classic Hollywood musical DVDs
- Fabric and yarn
- 2 iPads for Care Partner Visits with clients
- 1 diffuser for aromatherapy
- iPod docking speakers
- Materials for card making: stamps, scrapbooking items, card stock, etc.
Memorial giving provides a lasting remembrance of a loved one or friend. Your thoughtful gift expresses love and sympathy to the families of those whose memories you have honored, and at the same time provides support for residents living in our communities.
The family of those whose memories you honor will receive acknowledgement from us, informing them of your thoughtful tribute.
Sunset Communities’ commemorative-giving program is a wonderful way to pay tribute to a loved one or a special friend in honor of their birthday, anniversary, or special occasion.
Employee Appreciation Fund
Donating to the Employee Appreciation Fund is a wonderful way to express gratitude to an individual or a team of caregivers. These funds are used to provide special parties, recognition prizes and gift certificates, and spontaneous expressions of appreciation.
Donate Securely Online
You can help Sunset Communities meet our mission of enriching individual life journeys by making a secure online donation via credit card.
All payments are processed through Stripe. We never store or share your credit card or personal information.
Support Sunset Through AmazonSmile
Support Sunset Communities by shopping on AmazonSmile. When you do, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5 percent of the purchase price of eligible products to the charity you choose.
Please specify Sunset Retirement Communities, Inc. as your charitable organization of choice.