ASHANTI HOSPICE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
While positively affecting the lives of our clients, volunteers also benefit from their roles. Ashanti volunteers describe their work as personally meaningful and emotionally rewarding.
Volunteers must possess compassion and understanding for those on their end-of-life journeys. All Ashanti volunteers complete a thorough orientation and receive free, comprehensive training.
Call 419-724-1047 to learn more about becoming an Ashanti volunteer.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Volunteers contribute to Ashanti Hospice and Palliative Care in the following ways:
- Working alongside professional staff
- Running errands for clients or their families
- Staying with clients while family members get rest
- Reading out loud to clients
- Assisting staff with administrative tasks
- Lifting a client’s spirits with a friendly visit
- Helping clients write letters
- Listening to clients’ stories
- Playing cards, chess, or board games with clients
Ashanti Hospice and Palliative Care does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services, and activities, or in employment. For further information about this policy, contact us at 419-724-1047.