Sunset has proudly served older adults in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan since 1871 (see History) while earning an outstanding reputation for senior care. We work with our residents to continuously celebrate and enrich their daily lives—based on their individual wants, needs, and desires.
At Sunset Communities, you have the freedom to do whatever you want to do. All you leave behind are your cares.
Sunset Communities is a member of LeadingAge Ohio, a network of senior services leaders committed to helping Ohioans live fully as they age. Sunset’s CEO, Vicky Bartlett, is a member of the LeadingAge Ohio board of directors.
Is Sunset Communities right for me?
Living at Sunset Communities is your right choice if:
- You are ready to downsize and leave behind home and yard maintenance, especially in extreme weather
- You are ready to let someone else handle grocery shopping and/or daily meal preparation
- You want convenient access to social events such as dinners, movies, special interest classes, church services, and exercise
- You want the peace of mind that comes from knowing helpful associates are on hand, around the clock, seven days a week
- Living alone is not a safe option
- You are having difficulty managing daily life, are not eating a healthy diet or skipping meals, are letting personal and home cleanliness decline, have little to no interest in once-loved activities, or experiencing feelings of isolation
If you’re the caregiver for an aging parent or loved one, knowing when it’s time to make a change and finding the right place can feel a bit overwhelming. If you’re unsure what your love one’s needs are, let us help you get started. Sunset Communities provides many levels of care, which means there are several options based on an individual’s needs today and into the future.
We offer countless activities so you can keep doing what you’ve always loved—or start something new:
- Exercise and wellness activities for all ability levels
- Special interest groups such as card games, needlework, book clubs
- Music and art classes in a variety of genres
- Trips to retail shops
- Visits to museums
- Outings to live music and theatrical performances
- Evening drives to enjoy seasonal local color (and maybe an ice cream!)
Which Sunset Communities is right for me?
Making a decision about where to live can be overwhelming. This comparison worksheet can help you determine which services and amenities are the most important to you, and which of our facilities will best fit your values and needs.